Sales Tax News From the New Jersey Division of Taxation.
Starting January 1, 2018, the Sales and Use Tax rate will decrease from 6.875% to 6.625%.
Please prepare to update your records accordingly. The new tax rates will be:
- Atlantic City Luxury Tax
- 12.625% (9% Atlantic City Luxury Tax and 3.625% New Jersey Sales and Use Tax for sales subject to both taxes ‒ other than alcoholic beverages by the drink);
- 9.625% (3% Atlantic City Luxury Tax and 6.625% New Jersey Sales and Use Tax for alcoholic beverages that are sold by the drink in Atlantic City);
- Boat and Other Vessels Sales Tax ‒ 3.3125% (50% reduced rate);
- Cape May County Tourism Tax ‒ 8.625% (6.625% New Jersey Sales and Use Tax and 2% Tourism Tax for Wildwood, Wildwood Crest, and North Wildwood). This rate is in addition to the 1.85% Tourism Assessment and the 3.15% State Occupancy Fee on hotel occupancies;
- New Jersey Sales and Use Tax ‒ 6.625%;
- Salem County Sales Tax ‒ 3.3125% (50% reduced rate);
- Urban Enterprise Zone Sales Tax ‒ 3.3125% (50% reduced rate).
If you have any questions: